What is GYCSE?
GYC Southeast (Generation. Youth. Christ.), located on the beautiful campus of Southern Adventist University, is a part of a larger grass-roots movement–an army of dedicated young people within the Seventh-day Adventist church who yearn to demonstrate Nehemiah’s leadership, Daniel’s integrity, Mary’s humility, Paul’s passion for evangelism, and Christ’s love for God and humanity. It is the goal of GYC Southeast and its members to seek out and galvanize such young people. We aim to mobilize existing youth and young adult ministries in the Southern United States that are fully committed to the distinctive message and mission of the Adventist church towards the proclamation of the Three Angels’ Messages. GYC Southeast works specifically in the Southern Union.
GYC Southeast seeks to equip and inspire young people to be Christian ambassadors to their respective places of work and study by
- Providing Biblical training in the form of participatory workshops, Bible studies, and inspirational messages at its annual conference.
- Fostering and encouraging Christian fellowship among young people from diverse socioeconomic statuses, educational degrees, geographical locations, and racial/ethnic backgrounds.
- Creating network opportunities for Adventist young people and youth-oriented ministries.
- Encouraging young people to assume leadership responsibilities in the Seventh-day Adventist Church by employing their experience and talents in planning and presenting the annual conference and other events.
The Spirit of GYCSE
We believe in…
- A Respect for Scripture – as the foundation and test of all teachings and practices:
- An Appreciation for the Spirit of Prophecy – as an authoritative source of instruction, comfort, and warning:
- A Quest for Biblical Holiness – through a daily prayer and devotional experience with Jesus and a commitment to following His Word:
- A Vibrant Worship Experience – one that is characterized by principle, reverence, and decorum:
- A Passion for Lost Souls – animated by personal experience in the saving love of Jesus and a desire for His imminent return:
- A Cultivation of Godly Relationships – preserving purity and encouraging accountability:
- An Exemplary and Abundant Lifestyle – in recreation, entertainment, dress, and healthful living:
- An Enthusiasm for Service – through care for the needy, service to the community, promotion of human rights, and stewardship of the environment:
- A Commitment to the Seventh-day Adventist Church as God’s Remnant Church – by supporting and upholding its principles, organization, and leadership:
- An Attitude of Humility and Cordiality – as we seek to clarify, articulate, and defend the Biblical teachings of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.